Because I want to acknowledge all the wonderful drabblers out there in fandom, I have organized the first ever Merlin and Arthur Drabble Awards! Please make your nominations in reply to this post.
Nominations Close: 20 April 2010
Voting Begins: 25 April 2010
Voting Closes: 20 May 2010
Winners Announced: 1 June 2010
- All nominations must be 350 words or less.
- All nominations must involve the Arthur/Merlin pairing in some way—pre-slash and friendship are allowed.
- You may nominate another person’s drabbles (in fact, I encourage it!).
- You may nominate your own drabble(s).
- You may nominate as many drabbles as you like for each category.
- You do not need to make your nominations all at the same time—make additional nominations whenever you like.
- A single drabble may be nominated for up to (but no more than) three categories.
- There is no cut-off date for drabble publication—newly published drabbles may be nominated right up until nominations close.
- Best Overall
- Best Overall Drabble — all drabbles will automatically be nominated for Best Overall Drabble.
- Best Tweetfic (merlin_tweetfic)
- Best 10 Words, 10 Genres
- Best 100-Word Drabble
- Best 200-Word Drabble (Double Drabble)
- Best 300-Word Drabble (Triple Drabble)
- Best Angst
- Best Character Death
- Best Crossover
- Best Dark Theme(s)
- Best Episode-Related
- Best Established Relationship
- Best Fluff
- Best Finding Out
- Best Friendship
- Best Humour
- Best Hurt/Comfort
- Best Kink
- Best Modern AU
- Best Prompt Response
- Best PWP
- Best Romance
Length-based (must be exact length, give or take about five words)
How to Make a Nomination
- First find drabbles you like. I recommend searching merlin100, merlin_ldws, merlin_tweetfic, the drabble or ficlet tags at merlinxarthur, or sorting by pairing and word count at Archive of Our Own.
- For each nomination, please indicate in a comment to this post: Category, Title, Authur, and URL. Your nominations will be screened.
- Remember: You don’t need to offer a nomination for each category—just nominate the drabbles you want to.